Full course description
Release Date: May 30, 2021
Expiration Date: January 30, 2022
NOTE: Enrollment is closed for this year and will start March 2022 for the next year. Please complete the sign up form to be contacted next year for application.
This course is intended to enhance Movement Disorders (MD) training using blended learning, the most modern teaching methodology, including online lectures, reading assignments, tasks, quizzes and formative assessments. The guided course will be delivered to a small group of enthusiastic and motivated cohorts, which will create a community of learning.
This course is voluntary but challenging, requiring 6-8 hours per week minimum with required assignments every week. You will be expected to perform at a minimum level to retain your place in this course and to perform within one standard deviation of the group average to graduate from the course. Those successfully completing the course will receive a certificate from the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
The course is mainly intended for health care providers taking care of patients with Movement Disorders.
- Impart knowledge and skills that will be helpful in diagnosing and treating patients with movement disorders.
- Close the gap in sub-specialty education where it exists internationally.
- This course promises to increase your professional development globally.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be better able to
- Examine patients with movement disorders
- Determine movement disorder treatment options
- Employ specialized skills in movement disorders
Registration deadline: June 1st, 2021
To register for this course
- Click on the registration link or copy and paste the URL https://bit.ly/3bFkDKz.
- Enter your email address (use the same email throughout this course).
- Choose “I am a new user”.
- Enter your first name, last name, and birthdate (mm/dd).
- Complete profile information, then click “Continue” to proceed with registration.
- Click on the Registration Fee drop-down box, and choose “Registration Fee - $1,499.00.
- Payment: choose “Credit Card”.
- Click “Continue”.
A confirmation email containing instructions to the course (UNMC Catalog) will be sent to the email address you provided during registration. Keep the confirmation email open during the UNMC Catalog enrollment process.
All speakers, planning committee members and others in a position to control continuing education content participating in a UNMC accredited activity are required to disclose relationships with commercial interests. A commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. Disclosure of these commitments and/or relationships is included in these activity materials so that participants may formulate their own judgments in interpreting its content and evaluating its recommendations.
This activity may include presentations in which faculty may discuss off-label and/or investigational use of pharmaceuticals or instruments not yet FDA-approved. Participants should note that the use of products outside currently FDA-approved labeling should be considered experimental and are advised to consult current prescribing information for FDA-approved indications.
All materials are included with the permission of the authors. The opinions expressed are those of the authors and are not to be construed as those of the UNMC.
The accredited provider has mitigated and is disclosing identified relevant financial relationships for the following faculty, planners, and others in control of content prior to assuming their roles.
Faculty and Planning Committee Disclosures
The faculty and planning committee have no financial interests to disclose, except for the following:
Danish Bhatti, MD, FAAN
- Advisory Board: Acadia Pharmaceuticals; Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.; Merz; AbbVie
- Training/education: Allergan Pakistan; PharmEvo Pakistan; Adamas Pharmaceuticals; Teva Neurosciences
Danish Bhatti, MD, FAAN
John Bertoni, MD, PhD FAAN
Erin Cameron-Smith, MD
Sarah Doss, MD
Deepmala Nandanwar, MD
Mara Seier, MD
Kiel Woodward, MD
As a jointly accredited provider, the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) must ensure balance, objectivity, independence, and scientific rigor in its educational activities. Faculty are encouraged to provide a balanced view of therapeutic options by utilizing either generic names or the trade names of several to ensure impartiality.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 60 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
If you have any questions about this course, please contact the following: