Full course description
The purpose of this online course is to provide an overview of a specialists approach to common problems seen in the primary care office. The course will discuss recommendations on management by general practitioners (primary care physicians), based on current guidelines and evidence-based medicine. We will use an active learning approach through recorded sessions, assignments, and discussions. Faculty includes experts from the US, UK, Australia, globally. This program will complement basic training and short courses for general practitioners to bridge the gap of specialty care, especially in underserved areas.
OVERALL ROTATION OBJECTIVES
Upon completion of this rotation, participants should be better able to:
ROTATION TEAM LEADERS
Danish Bhatti MD FAAN, Associate Professor, University of Nebraska Medical CenterLink to Bio: https://www.unmc.edu/neurologicalsciences/about/faculty/bhatti.html
Dr. Tariq Jawaid Alam, MD, FAAN, Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurology, St Louis University School of Medicine
Stroke Medical Director and Attending Neurologist, Mercy Hospital Jefferson, Missouri, USA
Dr. Wajih Bukhari MBBS, FRACP, Neurologist, Frankston Hospital, Peninsula Health Melbourne
Dr. Hina Jawaid MBBS(Pak), MRCS(UK), MSc(UK), MRCGP(UK), Assistant Professor in Family Medicine, University of Health Sciences Lahore
ROTATION COURSE CURRICULUM
Module 1: Neurological History and Examination
Module 2: Localization in Neurology
Module 3: Approach to Headaches
Module 4: The Dizzy Patient
Module 5: NeuroDegenerative Disorders
Module 6: Stroke Recognition and Prevention
Module 7: Epilepsy Through Clinical Cases
Module 8: NeuroSpine
Workshop: Neuroimaging for Primary Care
Each Module consists of live session recordings with presentations and Q&A with panelists, Required Reading assignment, Exit Ticket Assignment, required quiz, optional reading material and additional video lectures. Required assignments have to be completed before the next module becomes available (no required grades for passing the assignment). There are discussion threads in modules to respond to others and review posts from others.
The rotation team leaders have no financial relationships to disclose.
To register for the enduring material
- Click the blue ENROLL button at the top of the screen.
- Click Proceed to Payment. OR OR if you have previously made payment to APPNA MERIT then use the promotion code sent to you by email and skip steps 4 through 8.
- Click Continue Checkout.
- Enter your credit card and billing information, and then click Continue Checkout
- Select that you acknowledge the terms and conditions and then click Continue Checkout.
- Click Submit Payment and Pay the $100 fee.
- A receipt page appears. Click Signout.
- Two emails will be sent to the email address you provided during enrollment.
- Open the message titled “Please confirm your email address.”
- Click Complete Registration.
- You will be directed to a Welcome Aboard! screen. Enter your Login (email address), create a password, select your time zone, and then click Register.
- Once successfully logged into Canvas, click Notification Preferences to choose how you want to receive communications from Canvas.
- Click on the enduring material to begin.
If you have any questions about this enduring material, please contact the following person: